Once a tenant fee has been applied (as explained in Apply a tenant fee) this amount will show as outstanding against the tenant instance. When payment has been received this should be recorded within RentPro as follows:
- Select Bank -> Tenant Transactions from the main menu
- Select the Property / Tenant instance
- You'll see the outstanding fee listed in the bottom right of the screen.... Enter the value in the RECEIPT TOTAL box.
- Select a type of Tenant Payment
- Click on the Pay in Full button in the bottom right if the fee is being paid in full, or enter the amount being paid in the Value column alongside the outstanding fee and then click on the Sum Values button if a partial payment is being made. (This will allocate the monies received to the outstanding fee rather than as a rent receipt.)
- Complete the remaining transaction details and Submit.
If the tenant has made a partial payment only in relation to the outstanding fee then instead of clicking on the Pay in Full button enter the amount received against the fee and hit Sum Values button. Again, complete the remaining transaction details and Submit.
It is possible to configure RentPro so that a default amount will automatically be taken from any tenant payments received against any outstanding fees.
To set this up:
- Select Admin > Control Panel > Banking
- On the Banking screen you will see a box for Deduction to Tenant Fees
- You can set a maximum monetary value along with a maximum % deduction. The % deduction will then be automatically applied unless it is greater than the maximum monetary value when this value will then be applied. Once you have set these fields click on update, going forward these will automatically apply to any fees.