All payments are made via the Bank facility.
To record the receipt of a rent payment:
- From the main menu select Bank > Tenant Transactions.
Next you can either identify the property associated with the rent receipt, or the tenant. To identify the property...
- Select the property from the drop down list.
- In the text box to the right of the drop down list start typing the first line of the property address. When the property's address appears in the drop down list press the return key on your keyboard.
- If required, select the appropriate tenant instance
To start the process by selecting a tenant record...
- First click on the [ Switch to Tenant Selection ] link to the right of the screen, then
- Select the tenant from the drop down list.
- In the text box to the right of the drop down list start typing the first tenant's name. When the correct tenant appears in the drop down list press the return key on your keyboard.
- If required, select the appropriate property record
In the "Receipts (Incoming)" tab, enter the value of monies received in the RECEIPT TOTAL box.
Complete the remaining transaction details and click on the 'Submit Receipt' button. Note that the following fields must be supplied:
- Medium (select from the drop down list)
- Bank Account (select from the drop down list)
In addition the following fields may optionally be supplied
This is the actual date on which the rent was received.
The bank account into which the received rent will be paid.
The form of the received rent: Cash, Cheque, Direct Debit, Standing Order, BACS or Other.
Typically a lodgement slip number if a cash payment has been received.
Any meaningful text can be entered in this box, e.g. if the rent payment was made by cheque it may be useful to record the cheque number.