Landlords can be designated as non-resident via Non-Resident Landlords pane within the Details tab of the Landlord view. The fields within this pane are as follows:
- Non-Resident Landlord? - Indication if the landlord's normal place of residence is overseas.
- Apply From - Date on which RentPro should treat this landlord as non-resident and deduct tax from income (unless approved for zero deductions).
- Approved for zero tax deductions? - Non-resident landlords can apply for approval to receive their rental income with no tax deducted. Note, that letting agents must deduct tax for non-resident landlords unless the Inland Revenue, or equivalent body in that agent's jurisdication, has received confirmation in writing that the landlord is approved to receive the rental income with no tax deducted.
- Approval Ref - Where a non-resident landlord has obtained approval to receive rental income with no tax deducted this field can be used to store the approval reference issued by the Inland Revenue, or equivalent body in your jurisdiction.
- Approval Date - Date specified on the notice of approval received from the Inland Revenue, or equivalent body in your jurisdiction, from which rental income should be paid without paying tax.