Note that it is only possible to renew a tenancy if another tenancy instance has been previously defined for the associated property instance.
A tenancy is associated with a property. You must therefore identify and select the required property:
From the resulting view of property details select the Tenancies tab. This will result in a list of all tenancies associated with this property (if any) being displayed. Click on the edit icon (pencil image) of the tenancy to be renewed. In the resulting screen simply click on the Renew Tenancy button at the bottom of the screen. This will result in a new tenancy being created whose start date is the day after the end date of the most recent pre-existing tenancy.
Note the following:
- When renewing a tenancy, details such as rental period, rental value, tenant component, benefit component, security deposit, etc. will be copied from the previous tenancy;
- It will be assumed that no letting fee will be applied to the tenancy;
- It will be assumed that the previous rental balance will be brought forward to the new tenancy;
- If the previous tenancy had a weekly rental period then the default duration of the new tenancy will be fifty two weeks;
- If the previous tenancy had a monthly rental period then the default duration of the new tenancy will be twelve months.
If any of the above has changed with a renewed tenancy simply refer to the section on view / edit a tenancy after the tenancy has been renewed.