The details area is used to record additional, optional information relating to the property instance. Such data is primarily of use if the property is vacant and a new tenant is being sought. It serves three purposes:
- Generation of a property brochure (standard RentPro feature)
- To be included in a feed to a property portal such as Rightmove.co.uk (feature available upon request)
- To be displayed on the letting agency website (provided as an optional bolt-on)
The Details tab is split into six main areas:
- Rental Details - Essential information re the property such as rental value, number of bedrooms, location type, etc.
- Features - Checkboxes describing the nature of the property, e.g. if the property is double glazed, whether the property is furnished, etc.
- Property Description - free form text used to describe the property
- Bullet Points - Short snippets of information relating to the property and its location
- Additional Features - Generally used to provide a more detailed description of a room within the property
- Photos - Property images can be uploaded to RentPro and categorised by room type
- Floorplans - Floorplans can be uploaded to RentPro with a description
The Bullet Points, Feature and Features can be ordered in any desired sequence.
Room areas may be added and maintained via Admin >Room Areas.
The marketing status of the property is set within the Details tab and can have one of the following states:
- 'Do not advertise' (default value) - the property will not be included in feeds to property portals, such as Rightmove.co.uk, or displayed on the agency website (where applicable).
- 'Advertise - to let' - the property will be included in feeds to property portals, such as Rightmove.co.uk, with a status of 'To Let'. The property will also be displayed on the agency website (where applicable).
- 'Advertise - let agreed' - the property will be included in feeds to property portals, such as Rightmove.co.uk, with a status of 'Let Agreed'. The property will also be displayed on the agency website (where applicable).
- When a property is marked as 'Advertise - To Let' or 'Advertise - Let Agreed' RentPro will list the property portals to which marketing details will be sent.
With a property instance selected a property brochure in PDF format can be generated by clicking on the Adobe document icon.
You also have the option to upload a copy of a brochure for the property that you may have from a 3rd party by clicking on Full Brochure Upload.
Tenant Fee Statement
When advertising properties to let in England, Wales and Northern Ireland from the end of November 2014, all rental property adverts on portals need to reference tenancy fees, and that information on the actual fees and letting agent charges also needs to be provided.
We realise that the same set of fees may apply to all properties that you market. As such, you can define a standard statement via Admin > Control Panel > Portals tab. This statement will be included in all new properties added to RentPro.